ActiveXperts Serial Port Component
Adding serial communications requires specialized knowledge that might be outside an individual programmer's expertise. For years, developers have relied upon the power and reliability of the ActiveXperts Serial Port Component serial communications control.
- Easy to use API
- Control devices over a serial port
- Single DLL, 64-bit and 32-bit
Use ActiveXperts Serial Port Component for different purposes:
- To control manufacturing machines via the serial port;
- To configure network devices (like print-servers, routers) via the serial port;
- To control a modem, connected to the serial/USB port or Bluetooth;
- To transfer files through a null modem cable;
- Any other scenario where serial communications is involved.
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component features the following:
- Direct COM ports supported (e.g.: 'COM2');
- Windows Telephony Devices supported (e.g.: 'Standard 9600 bps Modem');
- Support for RS-232, RS422 and RS485;
- Up to 256 ports opened simultaneously;
- Thread-safe to allow the component in multi-threading environments (samples included);
- Support for Hayes compatible modems, connected via a serial port, USB or Bluetooth;
- Support for Virtual COM ports (i.e. COM ports redirected through the network);
- Hardware flow control (RTS/CTS, DTR/DSR);
- Software flow control (XON/XOFF);
- Support for any baudrate, parity, stopbits;
- Full buffered data transfer;
- Text and Binary data transfer;
- Advanced logging.
Supported Operating Systems
ActiveXperts Network Component runs on all major Windows platforms. The component is just one DLL: AxSerial64.dll. For 32-bit platforms, AxSerial32.dll is also included.
The component runs on the following Windows operating systems:
- Server platforms: Windows 2019, Windows 2016, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2012, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2008, Windows 2003
- Desktop platforms: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP